Posted by : lara 6.15.2008

so, i hope this is OK to post before May 1.
but i am so proud of this layout i did last night for the ready, set, scrap LJ challenge blog.
it was really inspired by not only the place the photo was taken at (which i did cut the background out) but also by watching episode one of Art:21 and their profile of a couple of street artists. I was enamored by their use of drippy paint.

I'm also enamored by using tape. period. duct... masking ... packaging ...
and of course acrylic paint - got to have my paints!
and that picture is just about the cats meow - favorite picture EVER.




It's a 12"x12" layout - the first i've done in an obscenely long time!!!
After working with the 6"x12" and mini books for the last couple of months the 12x12 "canvas" seemed HUGE and a little awkward to fill!!! Imagine that?!

Anyways, the base is my favorite sheet from Basic Grey's Obscure collection. I dripped Gesso over it so the white paint was a bit transparent. I used the Glitz Designs Number Roller Doodle from my first Scarlet Lime Kit :)
Also used pieces of that screen i found on the street which i've almost used up now :(



The chipboard letters are from both Making Memories and K & Company. They've got about 4 layers of paint and glitter on them! I only own black, white, magenta, yellow and cyan paint. I've been totally getting into mixing them for desired shades.



Also been loving tape. tape tape tape tape. love it.
Makes me want to throw out all my "traditional scrapbook" supplies and just use found objects and stuff I can get in the office supply section of a store!



i got around losing the journalling on the busy background or obscuring the background with a frame by putting it on the masking tape.
And of course, not to sound like a broken record, but indeed the story of my life right now is dream out loud!

Oh - and btw - let's pretend those lyrics are from the Muse version of the song - thank you very much! :)



I decided to use the lace and flowers to add some sweet beauty to the otherwise grungy chaotic background. i think it worked?

Wow, i really like this page.
*nods*

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -