Posted by : lara 8.27.2008

Here's my layout for The Creative Type's first prompt ever! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of this blog because i'm such a font whore.

The challenge is to create a concert poster featuring, duh, type!



I have been wanting to do a monochromatic layout for some time now since discovering the joys of duct tape and the neon colors they come in. So, this layout is very much inspired by those simple screen printed concert posters of yesterday - the white paint trying to capture the sometimes sloppy edges left by the screen and excess paint.

You can't tell to well, I think, but the photographs are halftoned just like a real screen printed photo would appear :)



OK, now the font. Its a font I discovered a couple of weeks ago called Ogive Curvature and i recreated it with chipboard circles i cut and painted. Not too shabby.

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -