Posted by : lara 4.03.2011



My second "Pay it Forward" gifts goes to my bestest friend Sarah.

Spring is here and almost past in Georgia (I think it officially lasts 3 weeks between winter and summer), so this project is nature oriented and going to a friend who I believe will appreciate it in all its natural goodness.

It all started with this papermaking class I took with a local artist named Katy DeMent.
As the paper was being made we added a collage of things - this one has leaves and cotton and a little bit of punchinella in addition to the text I found in a book:



The matte is cardboard covered with sheet music, ink, Glimmer Mist, acrylic paint, net, a bit more punchinella and lace. The frame itself is a couple of pieces of bamboo from my backyard. That stuff grows WILD here in Georgia if you didnt know:



I finished the piece off with some cool antique buttons I've picked up along the way



It's very rare i use so much nature in my work so i'm particularly proud with how this turned out.

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -