Posted by : lara 3.02.2014



So... i got me a Gelli plate a couple of weeks ago and I'm finally starting to figure out how to get results that make me go all squishy inside! And it's true ... now i have like a couple of dozen sheets of prints just waiting for me to do something with them ... but what? It's almost worse than blank white page syndrome...

But this "Believe" print is the first i've done where i'm just completely enamoured with the results and i have no idea how i even got them other than lots of layers, addition and subtraction.



This is one of the very first ones i did. It's pretty cool too - i used too much paint but that made for cool texture (if you see it in person). I put some washi tape on it, mostly to have somewhere to put the quote. This has been my greatest challenge so far - the gelli prints are all so detailed and covered, i can't figure out how to bring them to the next stage of art journalling or canvas art. But, no fear, i will!

And now for something completely different...



This was inspired by the LifeBook2014 workshop I'm taking - using white space. Laughing my ass off here, cause anyone who knows me knows i'm not really adept at using white space. It's not that i fear it, it's just that i tend to cover the hell out of everything i do with paint and texture. So this was done with some sprays, very simple, and the U2 quote from "Love is Blindness" fits the sentiment perfectly! But when can't i find the perfect U2 quote? Hahahaha.

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -