Posted by : lara 1.03.2016

Some of my favorite pieces from 2015.
This was a hard year of ups and downs, the 2nd half, mostly downs. While i was not prolific by any means i did create a couple of things i'm pretty proud of:

Mixed Media - Mask
Combining the Gelli print with the found objects on this wood canvas was just about my most favoritist thing i've ever created.

bbbbw2Mixed Media Card - Stronger Than Fearw00
This was this year's Bono's Birthday card. Handed to him in NYC :)

Mixed Media - Be Always Blooming
Another mixed media piece that brought me so much joy. Combining the layers of Gelli prints was the perfect wabi sabi combination.

Art Journal - Put Flowers in the Mud Baby
This was an art journal page - finally found a visual interpretation of one of my favorite U2 lyrics.

Found Object PIeces of My Heart
I had always envisioned trying to use all the bits in my craft room and this pretty much did it!

Roses for Mom
This piece was made for my mother with Roses her aunt had sent for her and my dad's 50th anniversary. Again, i was able to create a wabi sabi environment using crackle paint, Gelli prints and bits of ribbon.

Gelli Printed Wrapping Paper and Ribbon
I had 6 days off around xmas and wanted to be crafty but felt uninspired. Then one morning i woke up with the idea of Gelli printing my own wrapping paper. That led into wrapping the presents and realizing i could also make my own ribbons. Pretty kinda genius :)

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -