Posted by : lara 9.12.2009

art journal - artist

a rather quick art journal page i did last night

I all of the sudden had an epiphany that I meaning ME could be considered "an artist." I've always been super hesitant to label myself this and i think it's always been at the front of my mind to want to become it some day.
Like "what do i want to be when i grow up?" type question.
"Artist" always seemed to be a conceited answer, and one that would put me an esteemed group of masters and i could never fit there.

So, last night I was painting up a bunch of pages and it just hit me, i think now i can confidently say i'm an artist. Yeah? Yeah. I don't have to paint like Picasso or even make things people want to pay money ... i just have to MAKE. You know, like CREATE.

That word is so daunting and weighty to me, though... but perhaps i finally feel like i'm making something that makes me happy and content and that i want to actually put up in my house ... you know, like art ...

Art Journalling has become so much more than a visual diary for me - it's helped me try out new techniques, develop styles that i feel comfortable with and given me more confidence to share my work and ultimately my emotion. I guess it's a freedom to think that not every page has to be a masterpiece, and it's all just a journey towards something greater some day.

One Response so far.

  1. Beautiful! And, yes you ARE AN ARTIST! Now go shout it from the rooftops! Your work is fantabulous, by the way.

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -