Posted by : lara 4.25.2010

compassion - dirty scraps

Layout prompted by the new challenge #8 at Dirty Scraps - Compassion.

To create this I took 4 sheets of patterned 6"x6" paper and journalled about my compassion, or lack of, for myself and all the shit I've been through over the last two years. Felt good to get it out of my head and onto paper. Felt better to then cut those sheets up into smaller rectangles then tape back together to create the 12"x12" paper canvas.

compassion - dirty scraps macro

I then sprayed Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist over it and stamped and stenciled the paper before adding on the packing tape image transfer photo, dictionary page and other embellishments.

compassion - dirty scraps macro

One Response so far.

  1. Virginia says:

    Well there are two things that come to mind when I see this - the first is that the page is absolutely awesome from beginning to end and the second is stop being so hard on yourself - do you realise how inspiring your artwork is - I love it and it always makes me what to get 'messy' with paints and inks and sprays etc - this is a truly wonderful gift so I'm sending you positive vibes and cyberhugs this morning as a thank you and also as a 'we think you're awesome' hope you have a fantastic Monday

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -