Posted by : lara 5.25.2010

Serenity - Dirty Scraps

This is my Serenity layout for the new prompt at Dirty Scraps. Gauche Alchemy is also having a Product Spotlight for Punchinella so I had that in the back of my head to use. However, when DON'T i use it these days?!!!!!!

Serenity - Dirty Scraps Macro

Really the only time I feel truly at peace is when i'm making art - especially now that I've found acrylic paints and have really started experimenting with all the different mediums and gels! On this layout I first did the painty techinique I posted about on GA. Then I cut up the paper and retaped back together. Then I took some plastic canvas and spraypainted through it. After all that I took a couple of different types of punchinella and stenciled with ink and paint and also some molding paste.

Serenity - Dirty Scraps Macro

The letters are alpha chipboard I gesso'd then used String Gel Medium with Acrylic paint to build them up and add color. Added a Fortune Cookie fortune I've been saving for such an occasion, put on the punchinella I had used for stenciling and VOILA.

3 Responses so far.

  1. beautiful work, Lara! I feel more serene just looking at it!

  2. Virginia says:

    Gorgeous Lara as always - love the textures!

  3. this is really REALLY cool!! thx for visiting my blog today! xOxO

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -