Posted by : lara 6.10.2010

travel art journal

Two years ago I made this Pre-art Journal Art Journal for a friend, and I always meant to make more as people seemed quite enthusiastic about it, but, well you know, life gets in the way.

Last week I took an eight day vacation to London and Milan and spurred by a new comment someone left on my LiveJournal out of the blue, I decided to make one to use as a prototype of sort. I think maybe now may be the time I can get my shit together and make these to sell!

Here are "before" photos I took - after photos will come shortly after I get some embellishments on I collected on the way.

travel art journal macro

I used a bunch of different envelopes that were perfect for stuffing things into and i also added some sheets of paper here and there and in envelopes that i could use to journal on. I used Punchinella to use as stencil with spray paint (which i now know not to use if i don't want the envelopes sticking together) and then I also used acrylic paint and white stamp ink.

travel art journal macro

I learned from Sarah's Journal that ribbons for binding weren't the way to go. I grommeted everything and put the binding rings through. Then i tied them with ribbon to the envelope to keep it all together.

travel art journal macro

So, if you read this, you know I'm thinking about selling these but i need a couple more testers who can also offer me opinions and constructive criticism about how to make it better. If there are two readers out there (living in the USA - sorry), email me (1lara1 at gmail dot com) and I will send you one to test.

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -