Posted by : lara 12.09.2013








I've made these cards to sell for African Well Fund at my etsy as all purpose cards to send to people and look at year round
.
I'm actually pretty giddy about them as i mixed paper craft and sewing for the first time EVER thanks for being with my parents on Thanksgiving and my mom showing me how to use her sewing machine. The background uses stencils I've recently discovered and am MAD about them! I fear they are my new collectible item of 2014, luckily they don't take up much room!

I stenciled, painted and misted several sheets of paper then cut them up into different size rectangles then re-glued them together.







The heart is a doiley I Glimmer Misted then sewed fabric scraps on. Fun but a bit frustrating. I'm just not a sewer, unfortunately, since i love the effect so much. I then glued the alpha letters and buttons on. In retrospect i don't know what the hell i was thinking using a glue gun, and i regret how sloppy some of these look because of it, but perhaps that's just part of the handmade quality.







I really enjoyed touching and matching all the different textures and textiles and I expect more experimentation will be in the works in my future!


Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -