Posted by : lara 10.19.2007



Beastie Boys layout from a SiS Challenge:



This inspirational challenge was to have hand written journaling on a page - but it had to be hand written journaling by someone else! Immediately these postcards popped into my head - I've been carrying them around since 1994 not knowing what to do with them ... until now!!!

I didn't want to glue them so i made the pouch :)
And I couldn't get good shots because of the transparency glare.
This looks soooooo much better in person, the pictures are disappointing.



Journalling:
“I give thanks for inspiration ... it guides my mind along the way...”

Check Your Head changed my life. It's probably one of the only things I can say that about. It made me, well, check my head. Liscense to Ill and Paul's Boutique were party soundtracks, but CYH i really listened to and internalized. It made me inquisitive about the world. It made me want to be a better person. It made me search for spirituality and although I couldn't find it in organized religion, i found it in BeastieBoyism, as i liked to call it, and more important, find myself. CYH, and subsequently Ill Communication, became my guides and Adam Yauch a spiritual leader. I dreamed about conversations with him, constantly, and started writing him fan letters. He must've seen some sort of passion and searching, because he wrote back not once but three times! Although I don't listen to their music much any more, my CYH tattoo and the foundation these records gave me still guide my life.

“They know what they're talking about ... And for a moment I know What it was all about. Namaste.”



Ad-Rock


Mike D

Materials:
Basic Gray Obscure PP
Transparency (inkjetted)
Net material
Bubble wrap with ink
Foam Letters with acrylic
Bottle Cap embellishment
Tissue Paper


Adam Yauch

Blog Archive

- Copyright © lara - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -